Is Cwicly right for my use case?

So, I’m trying to figure out if Cwicly is right for my use case. I’ve been testing it for a few weeks and is impressed with the styling capabilities, components system etc, but I haven’t figured out if there is a good way of archiving what I want:

I want to use Cwicly to build and maintain a theme that I can reuse on multiple of my own sites (wish also would have cwicly installed). I would love to use cwicly to build components that I can reuse on all of my sites, while the sites own theme overrides the components default color/fonts. I’ve been checking out the design cloud functionality, but it seems a bit “static”?

Hi @batrikperg,

There are many ways to achieve what you want with Cwicly.

One straightforward way is to use the following strategy:

1. For each of your sites, create unique global styles
  2. As you design your components, use global classes to style any reusable elements
  3. For anything not covered by the above, use global stylesheets for full control
  4. Share whatever you want between sites using the cloud design library or via copy/paste (which works between sites) - note: if you choose to copy/paste between sites, the order you copy/paste is important - always copy/paste any shared global classes and stylesheets first before any blocks/components for the most efficient results
1 Like

I tried to test the copy workflow: when copying a component from one site to another, I get the message “Block has been deleted or is unavailable.”

Copy from site:

Pasted on another site:

And components can’t be uploaded to the cloud library (at least I can’t find the button or instructions in the doc for it)?

But what worked brilliantly is using global styles on both site, copying (non-component) element in-between - this solely could get me really close to what I want to archive! Great advice!

Before using components on the new site, first export them from the old site and import them to the new site using the dedicated buttons in the header of the components sidebar or by right clicking a folder or an individual component and choosing the subsequent “Export” option.