Include background source tab when editing relative styles

Description:

When editing a relative style, we are not able to edit the background image source, even though the image size and position can be edited.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Open the Post Editor/Site Editor
  2. Add any block
  3. Add a relative style to the block
  4. Go to the Design > Background tab
  5. Notice there is no Source tab available.

Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet

This is the source tab on a normal block:

This is what we see on a relative style:

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.2
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.5.8.1
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

As explained here, not strictly speaking a bug.

We will introduce the static background-image property in the next couple of updates.

@Louis, I did search for related information on this as I know it had been discussed in the past but was unable to find anything conclusive, so I raised it.

We have changed this to a feature request as it seems more applicable.

We have a very image heavy upcoming website with background images that change based on the responsive breakpoints, so this will be a a very very timely addition, and will save us a lot of time, even with the dynamic aspect still pending.

I appreciate there are usually considerations when adding features and I am grateful for you choosing to add this.

Just a follow up regarding this feature - it is very much needed for a site we are starting work on, so for us this has become higher priority.

@Louis, thank you for all of the recent features and fixes, just a quick check to see when this is planned.

Hi,

Improvements are always being considered while we develop bigger features.
We are aware and have planned for the improvement and rework of the background image properties.

Best regards,
Johnny