Image size not respected when connected through property in Component

Description:

Instead of using the selected image size as a src-Value the Cwicly image always takes the full image size.

What i would expect: the selected image size is respected and use srcset for alternative sizes.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

In my case the Cwicly Image is used inside of a component.

1. Add an Cwicly Image Block to the page
  2. Set a size in Block unter “Primary / Settings / Size” (in my Case “medium” which is set to 640x0)
  3. Save and go to the frontend
  4. Inspect the img-Tag Code

Here is the difference between Core Image and Cwicly Image.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4.0.3

Hello @michelyweb,

Thanks for the report.

I’m not able to reproduce the issue you’re experiencing: Hello world! – cwiclydemo

If you have time, can you see if you can reproduce it using this quick login: https://app.instawp.io/wordpress-auto-login?site=$2y$10$Va9Czt2F2DNz/ovFCsUiYuUNIrG6xY.IXi7Gw3hZAwo5uoUpR1elC

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve imported my Component. And it’s not working inside of this component, als you can see here: Sample Page – cwiclydemo

Hello @michelyweb,

Ok thanks.

As this wasn’t clear in your first post, can you confirm that this only happens when the image is within a Component and that the image source within the Image block within the Component is dynamically set through a Component property?

Cheers,

Yes.

You can download the Component for debugging here.

@Louis this bug introduces a lot of troubles in my project. Any idea, when this will be fixed?

@Louis this is still a problem. Any ETA for a fix?

Hello @michelyweb,

While I don’t have an ETA, this is planned, but does require some advanced adjustments that require some time to put in place because of the dynamic nature of every attribute.

Cheers,