How to avoid click interaction errors when loading the page

When adding a click interaction similarly to what is described in @Araminta’s example here:

We noticed the actual click did nothing and an error occurred when loading the page that includes the interaction.

As @Marius helpfully pointed out, this happens if you specify Current as the target but don’t enable the ID for the block.

1 Like

1 Like

This is even more important with the latest UI changes for classes/ids because by default you can’t see the ID or it’s toggled state and even one ID that is not enabled will cause this error and cause all interactions to fail.

@Louis, while I am big fan of the improvements and additions made in the latest version, is it possible to make the ID a little bit more discoverable and perhaps find a way to show it above the class (small) if it has been enabled - doing this will go a long way to mitigating this issue.

Example:
Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 16.13.03

1 Like

I just added this point here, since I also see this is required.

I think the toggle functionality is great, as it only requires a single click and is also required for the upcoming ability to style the ID instead of the class.

I really like your example if it gets implemented in a very obvious way to see what’s currently selected @StrangeTech.

Even with all ID’s enabled I am still receiving that error. Now with the update of 1.2.9.8.1 I have not been able to get any interactions working.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 09.36.50
Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 09.45.24

Hi @hopscotch,

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with interactions with 1.2.9.8.1.

As mentioned in my email, I am unable to reproduce these errors with interactions on my end.

To investigate this issue further, I have created a demo instance replicating your setup.
Please log in with this, and see the front page.

Feel free to change it to how you have set it up on your installation.

Kindly let me know if you experience any trouble on the demo instance, and we’ll go from there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for that Araminta,

It was on my end. There was a conflict between an input block and it’s attributes. This is a jQuery issue that I will have to resolve. It’s a third party integration I am working on. Thank you for the help! I know more than I wanted to about interactions :joy: