Hooks for posts, pages, etc

From old feeback: Cwicly - Forum

We need a hook that can display any content anywhere on the website, such as GeneratePress Elements. (Kadence and Blocksy also have one)

Examples of display location controls are posts,pages,archives,taxonomies,custom post types, etc.

Hello @Takeru,

A first instance of Cwicly Fragments is available in the latest release, which is the first step of applying Template Parts to different posts/templates with the use of a fragment (hook).

Please let us know what you think!
Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you right away!
Any simple video explanation would be helpful.

We will try to get something out in the next few days.
Thanks for your patience.
Cheers,

1 Like

Fragment, very useful!

I have the following question.
・The display conditions are quite extensive, do you plan to add display locations in the future?
・Is the ability to add multiple parts within a single Fragments set meant to be like a folder?
・If I want to use user meta as a display condition, do I just select ACF?

The following contents would be useful
・Add URL Path as a display condition (for marketing purposes).
・Add Referral Source as a display condition (for marketing purposes)
・Display a summary of settings on the Fragments list page
・Narrowing Fragments by configuration (useful when there are a large number of Fragments)
・Prioritize the display of Fragments (useful when displaying multiple Fragments in the same location)
・Create and manage common rules for display conditions (useful when I want to apply the same conditions to multiple Fragments)

1 Like

Hello @Takeru,

Sorry for not getting back to this.

The display conditions are quite extensive, do you plan to add display locations in the future?

Since Cwicly is to be used with its theme, the only locations we will be providing is the start of body and footer since all other locations will have to be created by the user (with the fragment block).
Or maybe am I misunderstanding Display Locations?

Is the ability to add multiple parts within a single Fragments set meant to be like a folder?

Exactly. It makes sure that you don’t have to create multiple fragments if you want several template parts to be placed in the same location (but also lets you specify specific conditions for each one).

If I want to use user meta as a display condition, do I just select ACF?

We will be providing a user meta condition in the near future.

The following contents would be useful
・Add URL Path as a display condition (for marketing purposes).
・Add Referral Source as a display condition (for marketing purposes)
・Display a summary of settings on the Fragments list page
・Narrowing Fragments by configuration (useful when there are a large number of Fragments)
・Prioritize the display of Fragments (useful when displaying multiple Fragments in the same location)
・Create and manage common rules for display conditions (useful when I want to apply the same conditions to multiple Fragments)

Wonderful suggestions here!! Will take note of each one and keep you up to date :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Louis,
Thank you for reading the details.

I have not been able to figure out how to use Fragment.
I can separate the content the way I want it! It’s fantastic!
I’m looking forward to the User meta, as it’s important for a website with members to be able to separate the content.