Hidden Lightbox Gallery Behind a Single Photo in Cwicly: Is it Possible?

One of my clients, a photographer, needs the ability for a lightbox to open when clicking on a single photo. However, this lightbox should not only display the clicked photo but also other photos linked to this lightbox, essentially creating a hidden lightbox gallery behind the single photo. My question is: Is there a way to set up such a hidden lightbox gallery that only becomes visible when the single photo is clicked, without displaying these other photos in a visible gallery on the website?

We have an upcoming requirement for this also, so very interested to know how this is recommended to be done with Cwicly.

I did something like this a long time ago, using happy file (a plugin that I have in every installation) and some simple css…. If need more info you can mail me :smile:

Many Thanks for making me aware of the happy files plugin. Will check it out. But I still wonder why such a simple “Album” functionality would not be possible with Cwicly. :thinking:

I’m not sure about it because I never tried but a simple trick could be to build a normal gallery with Lightbox, than you need just a css rule to display:none; all the images except the first… :smile:

Hi @bitmak,

A hidden lightbox gallery is definitely possible in Cwicly, by using a shared lightbox gallery name between your various lightbox items.
This can be achieved in two different ways, depending on your preference:

• Gallery block → by setting the Gallery’s link type to lightbox and renaming the Gallery block’s ID to your image’s lightbox gallery name.
    Then set the gallery’s display to ‘none’.
    Here is a short video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ4Ykwo8amE

• Image block → by adding a div containing your different desired images, to which you toggle the lightbox option and input the main image’s lightbox gallery name.
    Then set the div’s display to ‘none’.
    Here is a short video demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BV0JR4ABKs

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Damn, @Araminta Why are you so smart!! :sweat_smile:
If Cwicly would not have hired you, I surely would have! :hugs:

thx