Gridbuilder Conflicts

Reposting this under bug reports. Was initially posted HERE inadvertently.

The new grid builder is quite nice, but it seems to in conflict with the previous implementation of grids.
Specifically, the grid details shown under the PRIMARY tab in the Block Inspector, are not reflected in the grid builder settings shown in the DESIGN tab.

Changing the values in one does not show up in the other, which causes issues. See below:

I have to completely reset all the settings under the PRIMARY tab, to regain control when I use the grid builder in the DESIGN tab. Basically, they’re two separate functions at the moment.

I imagine there’s a challenge with deprecating the old one, since it would have already been in use.

Description:

I’m attempting to make to layout 4 columns per row in the Cwicly query builder using the Grid builder but it’s being overwritten by a default 3 column layout that I didn’t set.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.2
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.3.4.7

Hi @glenton,

It may be worth checking the layout settings in the Primary tab, due to this:

Effectively for specific blocks such as the Query Template, the Primary tab grid settings do not yet sync automatically it seems.

Hi @owynter and @glenton,

Currently, the grid available in the Primary tab relies on the Columns functionality, prior to the Grid builder release.

For the time being, when working with blocks that have the old functionality available in the Primary tab, please use it, as its configurations will take precedence over those in the Advanced tab.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like