Global Styles Conflict?

So I am thinking that by turning off GB global styles, I am causing issues with other non QY Plugins that might rely on the GB global styles… Not sure if this is a thing… but wondering. I have set my site up with QY global styles. I just tested it out by turning back on GB global styles an it appears that those are now overriding my CY which i do not want to happen. But I am also experiencing some issues with ogher plugins and i suspect turning off the GB global styles may have something to do with it! Thoughts?

For example, i am not sure why a plugin like Kadence blocks would cause my system to crash but I suspect it is something to do with the global styles… but maybe it is something eles some other compatibility issue? Same goes for other plugins. Just curious here what is a solution?

I just answered this part here before I saw this post:

Please can you provide more information. Which styles are overridden and in what context?

It is expected that if you have global styles from WordPress these will need to be overridden by your Cwicly styles in one way or another if you want them to be different.

Ok i will wait until the update on Monday, since i believe this one will change the game anyway. : )

Hello @ShannaKae,

As @StrangeTech said, there should be no issue with keeping Gutenberg global styles active. The only time I’ve seen them really affect Cwicly global styles is underlined links, but toggling that off in the Gutenberg global styles should do the trick.
If you are seeing other properties being overridden, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know so that I can take a look at what might be happening.

Would you mind telling me what crashed exactly? This shouldn’t be happening.

Not sure the Tailwind integration will help solve overriding, so definitely something we should check beforehand.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

1. Hi Sorry about that let me clarify, what I meant by crash. Initial Query Reason - Kadence Block Issue: “The reason for my initial query was that I encountered trouble with a Kadence block either crashing or malfunctioning. This issue wasn’t with Cwicly. I was exploring whether the problem might be due to Kadence searching for the default WP styles, which I had turned off. However, I now suspect that the real issue is more about Kadence not functioning well in the raw Full Site Editing (FSE) environment.”
  2. Need for a Suitable Gallery Solution: “My exploration into Kadence was driven by the need for a dynamic autoplay slider solution in Cwicly. I require a system that allows all images in a single field, as the repeater block’s approach of creating multiple fields disrupts my backend editing process. Using WP Sheet, I can efficiently copy and paste entire rows of galleries from one row to another, between custom post types, or even to other sites. This efficiency is crucial for my workflow, making galleries more practical for my needs than repeater blocks.”
  3. Potential Tailwind Integration Solution: “I’m curious if the new Tailwind integration could offer a solution for creating dynamic galleries. If possible, it would be great to see an example or tutorial on how to implement this, especially for those of us looking for gallery solutions. Could this integration facilitate an easy way to copy and paste blocks or elements for gallery creation?” Thanks so much for all you are doing.

On another note, i have re installed Kadence and am using the Dynamic Gallery Block Successfully right now. So hopefully it will hold until a better solution becomes available.