Font doesn't update after migration

Font doesn’t update after migration:

I migrated my website from my temp address to the main address. Now I see that in some browsers the font not wil be loaded. If I use the developer tools I see that it still points to the temp url

I deleted the font and uploaded it again by the fontmanager, but it still uses the old url.

Where can I change the url of the fontmanager?

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.3
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.4.1

Try looking in your database tables and check the URL of the font files.
cwicly_global_css_fonts and cwicly_global_fonts

Thank You @hopscotch, do you know in which table?

Should be in the options table :thinking:

Hi,
I think you should change the URL of the font manager in WordPress, go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the plugin settings for Cwicly. Look for an option or field where you can update the font URL. Once you locate it, replace the old URL with the new one corresponding to your main address. Save the changes, and the font should then be loaded correctly on your website.

Thanks

Thank you @jenny but I don’t use the old font manager anymore.
In the Cwicly settings I can’t change the url

Apologies for not getting back sooner. I believe those tables are in the options table. Were you able to resolve the issue?

Hi @Lijn-B,

When migrating and having URL changes, we recommend using a search/replace in the database to replace the old URLs that could be hardcoded.

However, this is a good point. A next update should provide dynamic URLs for fonts so that you don’t have to worry when changing the site URL.
This will only apply to newly downloaded fonts.

Best regards,
Johnny

2 Likes

Hi,

As mentioned in my previous post, we have now improved the base URL for custom fonts in 1.4.1.6, which now relies on a dynamic base URL.

If you experience issues with this new setup, please let us know.

Best regards,
Johnny

1 Like