Dynamic Vimeo video link in video block doesn't work with Query with frontend render

Currently we have a Query that we worked with and used for almost 3 months. Originally we already have a video block that use dynamic video link from ACF and it works if the link is a YouTube video link.

Today we tried to add the support to Vimeo so we tried it, and found that if the dynamic video link is a Vimeo video link, the video block will show a white screen, if the frontend render is enabled.

What’s interesting is that if I take out the dynamic ACF link from the video block, and put a Vimeo video link directly for testing purpose, the video does show, but then the auto play is not working when frontend render is enabled.

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.4.1
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.3.4.1

Hi @lukelee,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with this.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue on my end.

To investigate further, I have set up a demo instance.
Please log in with this, and see the Video test page.

Feel free to modify anything, to see if the issue is reproducible.

I can confirm this is an issue, although it isn’t specific to frontend rendering being enabled or not.
Rest assured, we’ll have a fix for this as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

@Araminta ok this is weird, so my site has the same set up as yours, and latest version of Cwicly. The Query without frontend render the video works, but the one with frontend render will return white screen, and when I check the source, it shows the default video block’s youtube video link for some reason.

I pmed you the video to walkthru, not sure why this is happening?

1 Like