Discontinuation of Cwicly development

Hello there,

After much deliberation and soul-searching, I have made the difficult decision to discontinue the development of the Cwicly plugin. This decision has been deeply influenced by recent events that have profoundly affected both me personally and the team.

Unfortunately, the relentless onslaught of destructive posts and comments by certain WordPress influencers has created an atmosphere that has made it increasingly challenging for us to continue with our vision for Cwicly. Since the launch of Cwicly, not only have we had to build our product but have suffered the constant undermining of our choice to embrace the WordPress vision which is Gutenberg. In addition, personal attacks on both myself and team members have been made and openly tolerated throughout.

The negativity and hostility directed towards Cwicly, especially in comparison to other page builders, have taken a significant toll on our morale and motivation. Every effort we make to enhance or introduce new features is met with unwarranted criticism and untruths, making it increasingly difficult for us to operate in such a hostile environment.

The passion and dedication that we have had from the start has been gradually diluted, enthusiasm has given way to dread.

Working in such a negative climate has taken a significant toll on the team, making it nearly impossible to continue. Each day has become a struggle.

I want to express my sincere gratitude to our loyal users who have supported us throughout this journey. Your unwavering support has meant everything to us, and it deeply saddens me to have to make this decision.

Despite this, I want to assure you that Cwicly services will continue to operate until the end of the year with the necessary security updates and occasional bug fixes. Additionally, we will be issuing refunds for all orders made after January 1, 2024. Please reach out to our support team so that we can assist you accordingly.

It is with a heavy heart that we have reached this conclusion, especially considering the innovative features we had planned for the future. However, given the circumstances, we believe it is the best course of action for all parties involved.

Once again, I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and understanding during this challenging time. It has been an honor to serve you, and I deeply regret any inconvenience this decision may cause.

Best regards,

Louis & Team