Custom Icons sets: Can't modify the color anymore

• Cwicly Plugin version: 1.3.4.3

Hey there,

I am facing some problems throughout all of my installations with custom icon sets. I think it came with the release of 1.3.4, but not definitely sure, could be one or two versions after that too.

Before I was targeting the Icon with a relative style using the “.cc-icn” class.

Now the color is still applied, but the icon doesn’t change it’s color (checked that in the generated CSS). Was there any change on how those custom icon sets work? Also if i directly add the color on that icon (in its own controls) nothing seems to be happening now.

The colour control is using the CSS: “color” property. If I use (manually added) “fill” that also doesn’t seem to work, and if I use stroke the icon looks weird. Is there any processing of the icon behind the scenes?

TIA for your help!

Cheers
Wolfgang

Hi @Wolfgang,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with this.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue on my end.

I can confirm that no change was made to how custom icons work.

Would you mind sharing one of the SVG files you used through PM or email to support@cwicly.com?
This way, I can check if there is an issue with the generated files.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Araminta ,

thanks for the fast reply.
Weird, because they worked perfectly fine in some versions back. Ooohm yes, I will definitely do that, just have to search the icons on my disk :wink:

Cheers
Wolfgang

1 Like

Once again @Wolfgang, thank you for providing the SVGs through support.
I just wanted to follow up on this here.

As mentioned by email, previously, our system would fill icons with the selected icon colour, even if they already had an inherent fill colour.
However, we have since removed this feature as it wasn’t optimal.

If SVG icons still have embedded fill colours, they will need to be regenerated.
To ensure they don’t have any pre-existing fill colours, you can either edit the SVG code or use an online SVG editor.

I’ll move this thread to General as it isn’t a bug.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions on this.