CSS from Global Stylesheets not applied in Template view

I use a custom framework with variables and global classes referenced in global stylesheets.
In the page editor, I can see this styling as I apply the classes. However, while editing templates, this styling isn’t visible in the backend. I would need to save, then view the front end to see the changes.

Screenshot attached showing backend, then frontend

Spacing (paddings & margins) are applied via custom CSS but is not shown in backend. Note it is properly spaced on front-end.

Using Cwicly v1.1.0.8

Hello @owynter,

Sorry for the trouble you’re having.
I can’t seem to be able to reproduce this issue on my side.

If you have time, it would be great if you could:

• Check if there are any error/warning notices that appear in your browser console when you are working with the template editor?

• Try modifying one of the stylesheets while using the template editor and see if that makes the styles apply on the backend.

• Send us a little example of your stylesheets content to see if there could be anything at play.

Thanks!

Thanks for checking, Louis. No errors.

I was able to take another look and I’ve found the issue. The variables reference an external stylesheet (it’s generated by a third party plugin - Agency Base), which works fine on the front-end.

I copied it into a Cwicly Global Stylesheet and it works as expected.

It seems for template back-end, Cwicly doesn’t look elsewhere for styling, but for page back-end, it does. I recorded my screen to illustrate this.

I have not ruled out this being a quirk of Gutenberg, but it was noteworthy to point out.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for clearing that up, as well as the video @owynter.

In fact, this is an issue with the plugin you are using because it would seem it is not using add_editor_style() to enqueue its assets in the Gutenberg editor.

This isn’t something that Cwicly should look out for in this particular instance.

I would contact the plugin author and ask them if they can take a look at it.

Thanks Louis!
Not a problem. I’m just finally happy to have gotten to the bottom of this.

It’s a plugin that’s been very useful, but we are moving away from it as it is not actively developed anymore.

I am getting a much better understanding of how Cwicly works and I’m getting more and more confident in how we can make it work for us.

Thanks for your great work and your patience.