Conflict with FluentCRM Block-based Emails

Campaigns from FluentCRM are sending with an empty body when Cwicly is activated and the block editor is used to craft the email.

To reproduce, simply send a block-based campaign with Cwicly activated and another with it deactivated.

Apparently, some hook or filter that Cwicly uses to control the block editor output is conflicting with the FluentCRM sending mechanism with block-based emails. Classic editor and HTML emails send fine either way.

I’m confirming this on the latest versions of Cwicly (Version 1.2.1.8.1) and FluentCRM (Version 2.5.95).

Hi @avunu,

Sorry for the late reply here.
We’ll be checking this when possible as it does seem unusual.

Thanks for the report.

@Louis were you able to check into this yet?

Thanks

Hi @avunu,

Sorry for not getting back. I tried checking it out but didn’t seem to receive the email with/without Cwicly activated.

Will try and free a spot to look into it as soon as possible.

Thanks @Louis. The underlying sending functionality seems to work pretty well in combination with the FluentSMTP plugin BTW.

Hello @avunu,

Just tried this with the latest version of Cwicly and FluentSMTP creating a basic email template with blocks, no issue receiving the test email with the correct body and content.

Have you tried deactivating all the other plugins on your installation while keeping Cwicly and FluentSMTP?

I might add that Cwicly doesn’t modify the rendering of core blocks.

Moving this to General as we can’t reproduce the issue on our side and have not had a follow-up from @avunu.

If you still experience issues with this, please let us know here or at support@cwicly.com

1 Like

Just confirming that this issue is resolved in the latest FluentCRM update. Sorry for the bother here.

1 Like

This issue has returned. I had the same problem just yesterday 13th July 2023. with latest FluentCRM and Cwicly active. I send a ticket to FluentCRM and this is their response:

Hello Martin,

I tested the issue on your website and discovered that when the page builder (Cwicly) is installed, the campaign does not display the body in the email. When you uninstall the page builder, though, everything works perfectly.

Looks like the page builder(Cwicly) plugin is causing the issue. I would suggest you test out the issue by deactivating this mentioned plugin.

Let me know the update.

Thank you.

The test e-mails arrive perfectly, but when I send the campaign, all e-mails are blank.

Happy to see this topic here and that Louis was helpful. @Louis can you look into this again? Thanks.

Hello @webmaat,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this and apologies for the late reply here.

I can confirm there is currently an issue with email campaigns sent out when Cwicly is activated (although this doesn’t happen when sending test e-mails).

We have found the root issue and will address a fix for this in the next update.

In the meantime, if you would like me to make the necessary change or let you know what change to make on your side to get it working now, please let me know.

Thanks for your patience on this one.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hello @webmaat,

This should be addressed in 1.2.9.8.
Thanks for your patience on this one.

Cheers,

1 Like

Oh wow! I didn’t even think this might have been a conflict with Cwicly.
I had a site and this was constantly the issue, and I simply could not figure out what was causing it.

Thanks for the fix!

2 Likes