Component connecting "link" always leads to `<a>` Tag

Hey there,

I am facing a problem with components where I’m not sure if I’m overseeing something.
I’ve created a relative standard “button” component, with a few variants “primaary, outline, and so on…”.

However I wanted to link that Button Component now with the “add to cart” action and it seems, that using the Link Connector always results in an <a> Tag in the final markup. If I use the “action” option inside a normal Button-Block I always get a <button> back, which is needed in that case.

The Button component itself is nothing more than the button-block with the mentioned style variants applied!

Cheers
Wolfgang

Hello @Wolfgang,

I believe the <button> tag has to be manually applied to a block.

In this instance, we don’t currently support dynamic tags for Components → Components: Allow Dynamic HTML-Tag

This would require you to set the tag for your block’s component to <button>, but will mean that links won’t be supported.
Please let me know if I’m missing something here.

I appreciate the current implementation is somewhat limiting, but dynamic tags are planned to be released soon.

Cheers,

Oh sorry, I had in mind that the button-block self-changes from <a> to <button> when using either link or action.

Then, of course, it’s not a bug → sorry for not double checking that. I was sure about that behaviour so I didn’t think about it to be honest.

Cheers
Wolfgang