Colors do not respect breakpoints

Description:

Changing colors based on breakpoint is not possible.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

See Screenrecording

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.01
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.1.7.8
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3
1 Like

For me, it would be important to control gradient BG’s through devices.
So I hope this will be supported.

2 Likes

Hi @michelyweb,

Indeed, colours are not yet responsive in Cwicly.
The time may be ripe!

5 Likes

@Louis it was intendet that they are not responsive? Would appreciate if colors would respect breakpoints as every other css value does. In the current project i need to move a background image below the content on smaller screens and then change content text color (tab navigation + tab contern).
For now i will use custom css for that.

@michelyweb Indeed, it was not deemed important in my eyes compared to other properties. But it certainly has become something that every toolkit/builder should have, so rest assured we will be including it soon.
Thanks for bringing it up.

1 Like

Hi @Louis

I was about to report the same with a new thread.

I encountered an issue with the background colour.
I set a background colour on a smaller breakpoint but it gets applied to the larger breakpoint as well.

Here I made a screencast

Surprisingly this hadn’t been resolved for months(I see the last comment is from July).

It is crucial.

Hi @jornes,

Thanks for resurfacing this.
This is in the works as a feature request.

1 Like

@Louis Thanks! I can see that the label showing in-progress. So, I was curious if this would come anytime soon.

I support the proposal for responsive colors: both as background and text color. This is very useful, for example, to design reader guidance for table-structures with several columns:

Rows get …
… no a background color on large screens.
… but on small screens only the fields of the 1st column gets a background color and becomes a subheading.

We have a new project that starts next week where the design requires different background colours / gradients for desktop and mobile. There are many different sections across multiple pages with slightly different gradients and colours, so these will need to be customisable per section.

This feature is a priority for us and any progress within the next week or so will be much appreciated.

1 Like

@Louis, are you able to comment on this or is it best to proceed with custom css for now?

Hello @StrangeTech,

We’re hoping to land this in the coming week or so.

Thanks for your patience on this one.

5 Likes

Hi @Louis,

Just checking on the status of this, as it appears you recently made fixes for other properties related to responsive/breakpoint values.

Thank you.

@Louis, we tested this and confirm it appears to be working perfectly in the latest Cwicly version with text colours and background colours (both solids and gradients).

Thank you for adding this, it seems it can be marked as done.

3 Likes

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for bringing this up.
I’ll be leaving this open a bit longer as there are a few properties that didn’t get the full responsive rework yet.

Will update here as soon as that is done.

Cheers,

Hi,
The icon color doesn’t seem to be responsive either, and it is a bit difficult to style hamburger menu icon :wink:

Hi @yankiara,

Indeed, the icon colour hasn’t yet been reworked to act responsively.
We’ll be adding this functionality as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience until this gets addressed.

The coming Nav block should help simplify styling hamburger menu icons :smirk:

2 Likes

I can’t wait for it! :star_struck: Could you please share a date so I can stop checking the forum every morning to see if it has been released already?

1 Like

Thank you for your excitement about our upcoming release, @dranzer!

We don’t have a specific date to share with you yet (dates get us in trouble) but if all goes to plan, it should be this week :crossed_fingers:

Rest assured we’ll make sure that you don’t miss it by publishing it on all of our social media channels.

Thank you for your support and patience! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Araminta The menu preview is impressive. Is there a chance that the new navigation block will be available this week?