Collections Snapshot not generating

I noticed I was not seeing the preview in the Collections tab. This is what I get when I add to Collections:

When I hover:

2 Likes

Still an issue. These are two blocks in my collection.

I cannot reproduce this on my side sadly.

Could you possibly open the browser console and let me know if you see any errors appear when you try to generate the screenshot? Thanks.

This might be a good time to leave the screenshot generation behind and simply go with a real preview of the block instead. :+1:

Louis, I do not know how to do this. Sorry.

How-to

After executed successfully, try to create a screenshot and check the console if any errors/messages appear.

These screenshots never work on my end also.
Looks to be something with the rest api.
The only errors are:
Console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404;
Json respons {“code”:“rest_no_route”,“message”:“No route was found matching the URL and request method.”,“data”:{“status”:404}}

In my end it could be from the openlitespeed server. (in general I saw more this type of errors on litespeed then apache)

Still the same.

Console ( no idea if this is relavant.

Hi @jtk,

There’s definitely something going on and I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
But the Collection is going to have a rework along with the Design Library. It’s in the works, and if I’m honest here, I don’t think we’ll try to fix this particular issue if it requires more time than is necessary.
I’ll definitely take a look and see if I can reproduce it.

If a rework/different solution is going to happen, I can wait on that. But creating single, reusable blocks is definitely important to me. I need these for CSS Grid ideas. Thanks.