Bug with "has items" visibility condition

Hi all,

I am trying to add a condition to a Query block
setting it as Query: Has Items=true
but it seems to never show the block even if the query does return items that I can see before setting the condition.

Am I using it the right way or is it just no available?

Thank you,

J

Hi @JuGa,

I can confirm there is a bug with the “has items” condition.
Moving this to confirmed bugs and renaming the topic to Bug with “has items” visibility condition.

Please bear with us while we find a fix for this.​
Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.​

1 Like

Hello @JuGa,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.
This should be fixed in 1.2.9.2.3.

If you still encounter the issue, I’d be grateful if you could let me know by replying to this thread.

Cheers,

1 Like

It seems to me that if a Has Items condition is set to a Query Block it just doesn’t show anymore
so still the same issue sorry

if set Has Items true: doesn’t show the block even if if gives results
if set Has Items false: shows the block even when it doesn’t give any result

Hi @JuGa,

Thanks for getting back on this one.
Can you confirm that this is only when applied to the Query block itself? All children should properly respond to the conditions.
Cheers,

I am applying the condition only to the query block, imagining that the visibility will be applied to the children (has the query block itself doesn’t display anything).
And I still don’t see anything different that what I described earlier.

Yes,

the condition works on the children of the Query block
but doesn’t work if placed on the Query block itself

Also, the query doesn’t show results on the backend but does on the front end (query by ACF relationship)

This should now be addressed in 1.2.9.4.4 for Query Blocks that don’t use Frontend Rendering (The Query block markup is necessary when Frontend Rendering is active).

If you still encounter issues with this, I’d be grateful if you could let me know.

Cheers,

1 Like