Best Practice Sample Website build with Cwicly

It would be rather helpful, especially for someone new to Cwicly, if there is a site made with cwicly available, which one could import to see how a site is build in a good manner, mainly with respect to the use of sections, divs, columns and to use them in what structure, to wrap and contain the different content blocks

3 Likes

Hi @FZwo,

Welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

We are planning for this with themes, which would be available from the Cloud Design Library, containing all the necessary templates for a website, which with a simple click would be applied to your installation.

If you have any suggestions or requests regarding this, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

2 Likes

That’s great, when can we expect that? And there are no specific requests from my side, I don’t need or expect the usual starter sites.

Remark:
Just to avoid it is misunderstood, I am asking for a best practice site for a complete site download, usually on a separate installation for myself, to look up from time to time how some things are made. It is not about downloading parts to a web app one is currently working on.

I am just thinking of a fully functional site, so I can look up

• how elements are structured and nested in an appropriate way and with respect to the different kind of sections (header, main, footer etc.), using sections, divs, columns

• how and where the settings are used to apply the site to different device types (desktop, tablets and mobiles)

and contains sound, functional and designed example of a navigation (header) und a broader footer.

Such a sample site would save me a lot of time when building my sites from scratch and avoids making fundamental mistakes which lead into trouble later on. And I am not talking about a newbe level, it also helpful for someone with some experience in block based themes and plugins

5 Likes

This sounds like an excellent idea!

I also vote for this, especially with respect to accessibility (color visibility, font sizing, keyboard navigation, etc.).

Plan on using Cwicly for a Non-profit site which requires a bit more strictness in accessibility (US laws).

Please provide a basic theme demonstrating the value of Cwicly to learn from - Feature Requests - Cwicly