Applying a link to a block

Hi @Marius,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate you giving your feedback.

I believe that we may agree more on this than it first seemed based on your response to the thread you linked. What you describe there is exactly what I also like and this is exactly what I am proposing for the <div> and <p> tags for the reasons I already mentioned in previous comments.

As mentioned in my original message the Heading block behaves differently to the Paragraph and Div blocks, which is the inconsistency I am referring to.

With the Heading block, a Cwicly user can simply link it and retain the <h1-6> tag in a single step.

With the Paragraph block, to retain the <p> tag, a Cwicly user needs to do the following according to the recommendation from @JohnD:

1. Apply the link to the Paragraph block
  2. Wrap the Paragraph block in a Div block
  3. Set the html tag of the Div block to <p>

These steps are greater in number than necessary and not intuitive for most non-technical users. None of our non-technical clients would even think to do these steps in practice. They could easily however, learn to use the Cwicly Link Dialog, which is very intuitive and user friendly.

I honestly believe that keeping the number of steps to a minimum and keeping behaviours between blocks consistent is very much in the spirit of Cwicly’s philosophy.