Applying a link to a block

Here are my 2 cents, please take this as an individual opinion only.

Cwicly is as consistent as it can be in that regard.
There is a reason for this behaviour.
To quickly summarize it, there is no inconsitency.

What you are describing would completely go against Cwicly’s philosophy and the process that @JohnD described should always be the (default) way.
While this might be an excellent fit for other builders, I just can’t potentially see something like that inside Cwicly.

It really is, but with this behaviour freedom would even be sacrificed (for no reason).

Nothing against an option to change the default behaviour to a quite opinionated approach, but to be honest, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages, especially from a contextual view. While it might make sense for some in the first place, the disadvantages which show up over time wouldn’t be worth it.
In the end, it would lead to problems which no one wants to deal with - not the user, not the dev and support team.

Not only do I believe that hardly anyone would use it, but also an additional layer of complexity would be added, and the vast majority of (new) users would be confused.
How should that even be implemented in an intuitive way?

I know my feedback lacks in depth, sorry for that (I’m short on time), just wanted to add some quick thoughts here.
Curious though what other users think here.