Add an image to a lightbox gallery

Hi,

I have one image and one gallery including several images.
The image is linked to a lighbox as well as all the images in the gallery, which is dynamic.
How can I add the image lightbox link to the image gallery lightbox?
I tried various attributes without success, after inspection of the code, it seems like the image lightbox link and the gallery lightbox link have different sets of attributes.
It is said in the documentation that I can add different lighbox links to the same lighbox, but is there a way to do what I am looking to do, and if so how so?

Thank you in advance,
J

Hi @JuGa,

Currently what you want to achieve isn’t possible. But in the next update, we have made it possible so please bear with us in the meantime.

Thank you for the suggestion, I think a few users will benefit from this being available :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! That is what I imagined, looking forward for the update.

1 Like

Hello @JuGa,

Thanks for the suggestion.
With 1.2.7, gallery images now use the Gallery block ID as a reference for the lightbox gallery. By using this ID as your gallery ID, you should be able to link the different images together.
If you run into any issues, please let me know by replying to this thread.

Cheers,

After working a little more on it, I found out that the present solution, does half of what I am looking for.
The image is added to the gallery lightbox, but if I click on the image, the image is opened it in a lightbox by itself.
I would like to be able to create a lightbox slider that would combine the images present in the page I would select, whether these images come from a gallery or not. When one click on one image, it expands it in a lighbox, and offers the visitor to slide through all of them while staying in the lightbox.

The image outside the gallery, was added to the lightroom slider before the images of the gallery. So in order to see the image, one would need to click on the previous image arrow.
Would that be possible to have the option to loop the lightroom slideshow allowing a more natural experience.

Thank you.

Hi there @JuGa,

Not sure I’m able to reproduce this on my side.
If you set the link as a lightbox action with the appropriate image and gallery name, it will be included inside the gallery block lightbox also.

This would make sense as clicking on the image before the gallery items will open that one and allow to continue further with the gallery items (following the order of apparition in the page).

A loop option is definitely something that could be added to the lightbox gallery :+1:

Thank you @Louis for your response.

Well, regarding the image opening in a lighbox by itself, I still have the issue.

I am not sure about what you mean by “the appropriate image (…) name”.
I tried to replace the image ID and the DIV ID by the gallery block ID but it didn’t change anything.
By the way, the image and the lighbox image are the dynamic featured image, as I am working on a custom template.

Thank you for considering the possibility of a lighbox gallery loop option.

Thank you!