ACF values disappear when Query is set to Frontend Rendering

Description:

As soon as you select “Frontend Rendering” for the Query Block ACF values disappear.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Create posts with a ACF value
  2. Create a Query Block that displays the ACF value
  3. Everything works fine until you select the “Frontend Rendering” option. Then the ACF values disappear.

Environment info

• WordPress version: latest
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: latest
  • Cwicly Theme version: latest

Hi @Jonas,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing trouble with this.

To view ACF Groups on the frontend with Frontend Rendering, the API REST must be enabled.

To do this, either enable the “Show in REST API” setting for the desired ACF Groups or turn off the “Require ACF API REST” option in Cwicly Settings → Advanced Settings.

Note that enabling the REST API for your ACF fields allows any user to query these fields when using Frontend Rendering with Cwicly.
If you prefer to limit access, you can turn ON the “Require ACF API REST” option in Cwicly settings.

Read more about it at ACF | WP REST API Integration.

Please let me know if this helps!

Moving this general as it isn’t a bug.

Hi @Araminta,

thanks a lot for the quick reply! Now it almost works.

While normal ACF values are displayed now, values of ACFs inside a ACF group still don’t show up.
Could this be a bug?

Hope you don’t mind I moved this to bugs again. I did this because I think this could indeed be a bug.

And topics in “General” tend to be overlooked – which I understand.

Hello @Jonas,

Thanks for your report.
Indeed, it seems that ACF fields within ACF Group fields are not retrieved when using the Dynamic Inserter.
When using Dynamic Content directly, ACF fields within ACF Group fields are displayed on the frontend with Frontend Rendering active.

We’ll have this fixed in the coming updates.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi @Louis,

thanks for the update!

May I ask what do you mean with “using Dynamic Content directly”? Do you mean like this: acffield=group_yourfieldslughere?

That would be here:

But this is the way I did it and the value was not displayed. For you it works like this?

That should definitely display on the frontend. What type of field is this?

Here is a short clip. I hope I mentioned everything you need to know.
I use just one default text ACF and one text ACF inside a group.

Hi @Jonas,

I can confirm there is an issue to do with the way ACF reports groups for sub groups and fields.

Will be fixed in the next update.
Thanks for your persistence and video, much appreciated.

Cheers,

1 Like

This should be addressed in 1.2.9.4.7.
Thanks for your precision, time and video details, really appreciate it.

Cheers,

1 Like