ACF Fields & Dynamic Content

Hi
I try to display some ACF taxonomy terms and selection fields (multiple selection) using dynamic content in a paragraph. Whatever Return value settings I choose in the ACF settings I always get comma separated Id’s (taxonomy term fields) and ‘Array’ (in selection fields).
In both cases I would like to see termname1, termname2, … or selectionname1, selectionname 2.
Can I achieve this somehow?

Hi @rotor,

Please see the Cwicly Taxonomy Terms block which is ideal for this and gives you a great deal of flexibility.

Here is a tip that demonstrates how you can do this for Taxonomy Terms as well as for Repeater fields:

Hi @StrangeTech
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this detailed and very helpful workaround. I’m super grateful for this. Saves my day and a lot of time :sunny: Cheers!

Rendering ACF taxonomy fields, select fields (multiple) can also be achieved by using the filter hooks acf/format_value/type=taxonomy or acf/format_value/type=taxonomy. In the fields settings, set return value to ‘ID’ and in cwicly use paragraph block’s dynamic value button and fill in the acf field settings. Use ‘current post’ under location. Example filter hook (for taxonomy):

add_filter('acf/format_value/type=taxonomy', function( $value, $post_id, $field ) {
    $ts = '';
    if( is_array( $value ) ) {
        foreach( $value as $val ) {
            $ts .= get_term( $val )->name . ', '; 
        }
        return substr( $ts, 0 , -2);
   } else { return $value; }
}, 10, 3);