We have just release the second instalment of the Cwicly components beta that brings the new Section/Container rework as well as all improvements from 188.8.131.52 and the latest updates. This new version is available from your Dashboard → Login - Cwicly
There have also been some bug fixes and small improvements. We plan to include more features in the coming beta update but wanted to make sure you’re working with the current Cwicly version.
Notably, a Canvas placeholder value has been added to Text and RichText values so that you can provide more context directly within the editor view.
Thank you once again to everyone, in particular @StrangeTech and @sunny, for testing this beta and sharing your feedback and bug reports.
Have a great one.
Thank you @Louis. I just want to check whether the new beta also contains the fixes from 184.108.40.206.1 and 220.127.116.11.2.
Sorry for the confusion here, this beta does include all fixes up until 18.104.22.168.2.
i got this error after update when i go on global style → Tipography
TypeError: o.includes is not a function
at t (https://www.staging31.alphaness.online/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/build/index.js?ver=1.3-beta2:3:186107)
at bs (https://www.staging31.alphaness.online/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/build/index.js?ver=1.3-beta2:3:188545)
at kt (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:47633)
at js (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:120746)
at kl (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:88654)
at yl (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:88582)
at vl (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:88445)
at ol (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:85269)
at cl (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:85656)
at zn (https://c0.wp.com/c/6.2.2/wp-includes/js/dist/vendor/react-dom.min.js:10:32470)
22.214.171.124.3 has been added to the current beta release. Please navigate to your dashboard to download the latest version of the beta.
Hi @Louis, Just checking regarding the beta release schedule, have any of the recent updates been added or will they appear in a new version (e.g. 1.3-beta3)?
Thanks for bringing this up.
We’re currently unsure if there will be another beta release before the final release including Components in Cwicly, although there will be many more improvements and features.
The Components beta has been largely downloaded, but proportionally received very little feedback. I’m grateful for the feedback and reports you and others have provided, but I’m not sure the extra workload and time spent packaging it is beneficial in the end.
We would like to use components in a production setting, but were holding off due to the beta status per your guidance.
We want to test as much as possible, but any time the two versions go out of sync it makes it harder for us to switch between the main release version and the beta version (especially for significant updates and fixes). This is one of the reasons we haven’t tested as much as we planned to.
As we usually don’t have time to do testing outside of client projects, any work we do has to be as part of this site development, so it is only possible for us to test beta releases where the general supported feature-set doesn’t diverge too heavily and can be easily rolled back to the main release when necessary.
Perhaps this may be true for some other users of Cwicly also.
The issue is that the recent stable versions have introduced numerous changes and bug fixes, rendering the beta version outdated.
I’m convinced the expected feedback rolls in as soon as components hit the stable version.
There are several reasons why it was rather quiet this time, some of them are mentioned here.
Still, it was a good decision to not release it directly.
There’s nothing to regret but hopefully something to take from it.
Unfortunately, I was not able to provide any feedback this time either.
Credits to everyone who shared their thoughts to date. Thank you.
Any eta about new beta or the release of the 1.3 version ? I’m waiting to move from bricks to cwicly but in beta 2 there’s too many bugs.
I would love to test this beta, but unfortunately I have little time nowadays. I may be able to try it next weekend, and would share my feedback here for sure.
It’s too old now this beta it doesn’t include new bug fixes for current stable release.
Thanks for that, @zeinnicholas, really appreciate it!
@g97iulio, no worries, the Components release is approaching. We’re finalising everything and making sure we haven’t forgotten anything.
It has been decided to stick with internal testing before the final release.
Thanks to everyone who took time to test and share their feedback, bugs.