Vertical slider

I feel like I read something about this somewhere before, but I can’t find it, so I’ll report it here. I was playing around with the slider element and things seem to work as expected until I change the slider from horizontal to vertical. When it’s set to vertical, the slider slowly grows vertically seemingly infinitely. I noticed this a long time ago also, so either I’m not setting something properly, or it’s a possible bug.

Just thought I’d check back in to see if there were any additional insights on this.

In case you need a workaround, try to set overflow:hidden to the slide block or a direct inner div, in case you are using one.

This will fix the issue but might lead to design restrictions in some cases.

Not aware of your exact block structure, so you need to try your way through.

Thanks, I’ll test it out. I haven’t needed a vertical slider yet, but noticed the issue a while back when I was playing around with the options. I just want to make sure things are working when I do need them!

I can also confirm that there’s a bug in the vertical slider. As msguerra74 already reported, the vertical slider’s height grows infinitely. You can temporarily add a fixed height to the Slider block (ex. 800px), but this is not a solution. Adding overflow:hidden did not work for me.

This is a screenshot of a simple structure: Screenshot by Lightshot

I’ve wanted to play around with this in the past, but could never get it to work properly so I gave up.Once it starts growing infinitely, I just delete the whole thing because I imagine that will cause memory problems, or a tear in the fabric of space/time if I let it continue.