Various recent editor issues

** Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.5.8.3 **

Hi,

Since recent updates, maybe 2, I have more and more editor issues appearing.

1. Can’t save at all, Wordpress blue update button has no effect.

Don’t know if it is related, but here is the console output:

1. Sometimes blue update buttons seems to update, but there is no change on frontned, and I have to click another time to actually save changes and see them appear on frontend.

2. cwicly-global-classes plugin issue at editor load (pages or templates):

1. License check appears a lot when idle on a page for a few minutes

2. Some warning about deprecated element:

Sorry I have no idea how to reproduce or help you debug, I can’t seem to find any pattern…

Could be a server issue as well, but these problems appear more and more since recent Cwicly updates.

Hello @yankiara,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here.
I personally don’t believe this is related to recent updates, although I could be wrong.

The deprecation notice is a simple notice and should not cause any issues.

This error seems to suggest a more specific issue, maybe with your database:

Could you possibly contact support@cwicly.com as soon as possible so we can take a look at this more precisely?

Thanks in advance.

We encountered these three times within the span of two days, approximately a week or so ago and haven’t seen them again since.

More like 10 times a day for first one and 5 for the second one on my side.

The cwicly-global-classes plugin error seems to appear after copy-pasting or class manipulation but I’m not even sure.

The license issue is pretty random, and actually not only with idle post, today, it happened 3 times while I was actually typing stuff.

@yankiara, this is definitely not good.

If this is a live installation and you can allow me to take a quick look, I’d really appreciate it.

So I have a little update on problem #2:

It seems it happens only when making changes in global classes styles.

After making a change, WP save popup correctly mentions a global class change:

And notification says “site udated”:

But after saving, frontend is not updated:

Then if I click another time on save button (which is still highlighted with white border like some change has been made and not saved):

Notification says page has been saved:

Then it is OK on frontend.

@yankiara, we haven’t seen any of those error notifications for months and saving appears to be stable, just wondering whether this can be considered fixed.

Hi,
Indeed it is way more stable now :slight_smile: and I guess the thread can be closed.
If a problem reappears, I’ll open a separate thread each time so that tracking is a bit more convenient.

LOOKS FIXED

LOOKS FIXED

Seems to happen only after reloading the editor when an issue occurred on the page before, like a invalidated block, but it is VERY RARE.

Same here, VERY RARE, only happens randomly from time to time on tabs which have been opened and idle for a long time. NOTE: Most of the time, I have the same pages opened on my desktop and my laptop at the same time because I work in different places.

FIXED

Thanks for bringing this up, @StrangeTech.

And thanks for taking the time to update, @yankiara, really appreciate it.

Glad to see most issues you were experiencing are fixed and no longer appearing.

This does sound unusual as they shouldn’t be linked. I believe this forces you to have to refresh the editor again to remove the error?

Thanks for describing when this occurs. We’ve changed the license logic in the last few updates, so I’d definitely be interested to know if this still occurs.

What I propose we do here is move this to fixed for the moment. If you do run into these issues again, I’d be grateful if you could update me here so we can look into it as soon as possible.

Once again, I can’t thank you enough for reporting these issues with detailed comments. I appreciate the time it takes!

Cheers,

No, not even necessary, clicking on the notification banner removes it and everything works properly :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely get in touch if the issue persists.

1 Like