Using .relativestyle more than once on a parent element

Hey there,

I am facing a weird issue with the new .relativestyle selector…

As the title says, using the new .relativestyle on more than one relative-style element seems to always delete the other styles:

When i set styles to #icons .active it deletes the styles from #backgroundItems .active and vice versa.

Cheers
Wolfgang

Hello @Wolfgang,

Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

Indeed, currently modifying the custom css will override the other custom css properties for the relative styles inside that block.

This will be fixed in the next update.

Cheers,

Hello @Wolfgang,

Thank you once again for the report.
This should be addressed in 1.2.9.7.3.

If you still experience trouble with this, I’d be grateful if you could let me know by replying to this thread.

Cheers,

Hey @Louis ,

as always: thanks for your fast responses and the very fast fix! :wink:

In the scenario I have used the .relativestyle selector everything works fine now. If there will be any further issues coming up when using it more extensively I will let you know! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Wolfgang

1 Like

Hey There @Louis ,

just wanted to let you know that the bug still exists, but the source causing it is slightly different.

I didn’t nail it 100% down, but I think that deleting an other Relative Style removes all instances of .relativestyle from other Relative Style Objects.

Cheers
Wolfgang

Hi @Wolfgang,

Sorry to hear you’re still experiencing trouble with this.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue on my end:

RS-issue

Is this a correct way to reproduce the bug or have you found one that is more appropriate?
Thank you in advance.

Hey @Araminta ,

Thats Strange, let me further investigate on that one. I’ve noticed it by accident on a fresh install, but I will come back to you as soon as I’ve had another look at it. My first thoughts about it are:

• maybe it only happens if the other RS is empty
  • maybe the order of the relative styles take into account

But that’s only a guess based on my example! I will check some things when I’m back at PC and let you know! :wink:

Cheers

Hey @Araminta,

I’ve just recorded a video, hope that helps you in any way - and i hope you can follow what I mean, it’s a bit confuse, sorry! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Wolfgang,

Thank you for taking the time to record a screencast, it helped a lot! :slight_smile:

I have now been able to reproduce this bug on my end.
This seems to happen in the RS panel of a global class.

Back into confirmed bugs this goes :bug:

We’ll be sure to have a fix for this as soon as possible.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Hey @Araminta,

no worries, it’s not a big deal at all when developing a site. But coming back to a site after months may lets you forget that there are .relativestyles applied! :wink:

Thanks, as always, for your hard work! :slight_smile:

Cheers
Wolfgang

1 Like

Once again, thank you for bringing this to our attention @Wolfgang.

This should now be fixed with 1.2.9.7.4.
Back into fixed bugs this goes :man_dancing:

If you encounter any more trouble, feel free to let us know by replying to this thread.

Hey @Araminta ,

i think i found another one. This time it has nothing to do with the .relativestyle selector but it shows up the same behavior when deleting a Relative Style inside a class with the grid editor.

So i Have a Columns-Block, and styled it via the Grid-Editor by using a class. All those styles get lost when deleting a Relative Style in that class!

Cheers
Wolfgang

1 Like

You don’t miss a trick, @Wolfgang :male_detective:

Indeed, I can confirm this is a bug.

For us to keep a better track of it, I have opened a separate report.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, and sorry for the inconvenience.

:wink: alright, was not sure if I should open a separate post - thanks for clarification :wink: