Themer visibility conditions lose some of their values after recent update

Description:

When revisiting the Themer, previously set visibility conditions lose their values

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Open the Cwicly Themer
  2. Open the visibility conditions for a template
  3. Notice they don’t show the value anymore

It is not clear whether this is triggered by updating the plugin or some other condition. It has happened multiple times recently when revisiting the Themer after a few days.

Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet

Should display this way:

You actually see this:

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.2.2
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.6.1.2
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hi @StrangeTech,

Don’t want to hi-jack your topic, but I have the same issue:

• with the new navigation module, when I reopen the header template, the width of the modal is gone in the nav module;

And also:

• global colors “disappearing”.

global-colors

The more the merrier - what you describe may be related, so it’s good to let the Cwicly team know.

Hi @dennis77,

The first bug is unrelated to the problem @StrangeTech is mentioning in this thread. I can confirm that it will be fixed in the next update.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having global colours disappear, although it does sound highly unusual.
Is there a step by step way I can reproduce this on my end?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @StrangeTech,

I’m sorry to read you’re having trouble with the conditions not being saved properly.

I’m not currently able to reproduce this on my side.

Can you possibly check your console log and let me know if there is any warning/error appearing?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Louis,

The problem doesn’t appear to be when saving. Saving the conditions works fine in the latest version.

It seemed to occur when updating from the previous Cwicly version to the latest one.

After doing so, going back to the visibility conditions at that point we noticed that the values had been removed.

This may or may not be an issue going forward depending whether it was confined to a specific difference between the two versions, but we wanted to let you know in case it was a symptom of a larger problem.

1 Like

Hello @StrangeTech,

Thanks for the details, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

This does seem unusual as we didn’t make any changes to the Themer conditions in the last few updates.
We’ll set up a few tests to check on this behaviour between Cwicly updates.

If possible, could you let me know if this affected this particular template or several templates at once?

Thanks once again.

Hello @Louis,

Absolutely, I can tell you exactly which ones it affected for us.

We have a header a footer and a cta template part and the fragments visibility conditions for all of them looked like this:

Instead of what we set previously - which is this:

I hope this helps narrow it down.

@Louis & @Araminta, we have been using the Themer extensively on multiple sites over the last few months and this issue seems to be completely resolved so unless anyone else has experienced it, it can be set to fixed.

1 Like

Hello @StrangeTech,

Appreciate you bringing this back up.
I’m glad you’ve not experienced any more issues on this side.

I will be moving this to fixed, but please don’t hesitate to bring it up again by replying to this thread if you do experience an issue down the line.

Cheers,