Template part has been deleted or is unavailable: header

Description:

not sure if this is a bug or only mishandling, maybe this is caused by some fatal errors when clicking on the color section selection square

, I destroyed somewhat my areas (header, Footer) as part of the page templates, getting this message when creating or editing a page:

Template part has been deleted or is unavailable: header

The areas still there, but not identified as header or footer, and the editing button on that item is missing

I don’t know how this happened, but I was able to assign header and footer to the templates again, and removed the non functioning ones from the templates

Despite I was able to proceed, I leave this open, as it might for your interest, that such state could arise

Hi @FZwo,

Sorry for not responding sooner.

Do you remember if you had changed of theme when this happened?

It might be caused by this as changing from one theme to another will “remove” template parts (they are retrievable by reactivating the theme they were made with).

@Araminta @FZwo,

I can confirm this happened for us when we changed from the main Cwicly theme to the Cwicly child theme.

It didn’t have any detrimental effect and the only consequence was needing to delete the references to the old parts.

1 Like

not sure,

No, I didn’t. But it could be caused as @StrangeTech said. I did not follow up on that issue, as it is not that serious

1 Like

Thank you @StrangeTech and @FZwo for your inputs on this!

It seems it might have been caused by a change in theme, which is unfortunately a current Gutenberg FSE limitation.
I’ll be moving this to general for the time being.

Please feel free to reply to this thread if you come across this issue once again.

yes, just happened again, after installing and switching to a childtheme:

Hi @FZwo,

This is the intended behaviour with Gutenberg FSE.

Feel free to reach out to the Gutenberg team and ask to keep your templates/parts throughout different themes.