Set default Dynamic Preview in Templates

I think it would be handy if the source that was once set for the Dynamic Preview of a template would be used as the default until a new one is selected. So the next time the templated gets accessed the Dynamic Preview is the same as last time.

Maybe this would make it possible to also reflect the dynamic preview in the Themer Template overview. The templates are always so empty that it is difficult to see at first glance what the template is about like here:

Above the image is a heading and a subheading. Below the post content. But this is not visible in the preview.

Hi @Jonas, I totally agree!
Although I considered it a bug :wink:

1 Like

@Jonas, I was about to post the same
I noticed your post when I was writing. I strongly agree with this request. Upvoted.

Currently, I have to choose the content for the dynamic preview repeatedly.

100% agree, it’s such small quality of life features that Cwicly normally has but missed here for some reason. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the template, Cwicly’s Post Content Block doesn’t show the content even if the content is selected for dynamic preview.

Take a look at the screenshot:

When Dynamic Preview is active, the post content block should also preview what I have inserted for that post in the Gutenberg editor. It’s not supposed to show a blank block like this in the screenshot.

It seems tha the Cwicly Post Content block still isn’t showing a preview even when a post is selected under dynamic preview settings. Or am I missing something?

Hi,

This isn’t the role of the Post Content block with dynamic preview.
For that, use the Site Editor and previews will appear when navigate to the post/page/template of your choice.

Best regards,
Johnny

Can you collaborate more? We’re talking about when we’re editing the template. Where is the site editor? Maybe I overlooked it? I couldn’t find it. We want the dynamic preview to show every time (without having to choose again) we edit the template, once we have chosen a source to preview.