Role Editor Feedback

Lol, I’m not sure where people got the idea that I didn’t think the Role Editor was a big deal? Anyway, here is a small big of feedback:

In the Global Block Behavior Section, below the Toggle for “Design Tab” and one for “Advanced Tab” there are settings related to the Primary Tab. How about putting a little border around those with a label “Primary Tab” so it is clear where those are referring to?

It is a great feature and I’m glad you see a lot of potential. I agree it is a good role model for other block addons.

4 Likes

Thanks for this thread @David, pretty good idea and needed to collect more feedback.
I will add my thoughts soon, couldn’t get a hand on yet.
But damn, today’s presentation was really impressive.
How could one imagine this interpretation of a role editor?
It’s already so powerful but at the same time so many things to come.

Tbh, I had no excitement for it. Sure, it was needed at some point.
I’m already a fan now and can’t wait for the future possibities the role editor will offer.

3 Likes

The role editor is much more comprehensive than expected. Probably my default preset will be toggle all for the editors :), but good to have such a variety of options. One thing that I would wish to have, is an option to set them by specific user (instead of user roll) as usually I keep the owners of the websites as administrators.

2 Likes

Knowing Louis, he’s probably already hard at work for more fine-grained control such as specific users.

Between Bricks and Cwicly, the furious development pace is super exciting to watch. Almost every day a shiny new toy comes out :smiley:

Hi there everyone,

Just adding here for reference that targeting specific users is available since 1.1.8.3

Thanks for the suggestions, and please don’t hesitate to keep them coming :slight_smile:

Hi @Louis,

Testing the role editor. So will share feedback as I test.

Ticking this removes the list view icon from the Gutenberg editor but still the user can access the List View by pressing the shortcut key. Alt + Shift + O

Two more things which can be hidden from the clients / editors.

1. More options menu.

Also the more options from block selection in order to prevent them unlocking a locked block.

1. Code view of the elements. Ctrl + Shift + Alt + m

I think it’s collapsed, so you just might have missed it.

1 Like

@Louis Styler block is missing from the role editor control.

Hi @dranzer,

Thanks for the pointer.
It has been added in the latest 1.2.5.

Cheers,

1 Like