Relative Styling Attributes

From old feedback: Relative Styling Attributes | Cwicly

Maybe this makes not so much sense, but there are plenty use cases for this, e.g. CPT, ACF options page, general page options controlled through dynamic data, Cwicly Blocks itself, etc.
Especially since we do have the power of dynamic attributes available in Cwicly.
In combination whith the Relative Styling, where we can do much more than hover animations, we actually can target precisely any DOM element, the possibility to add any attribute to it, would be fantastic.

There are plenty of elements/blocks which has nested containers and we don’t have direct access to.
E.g. Section wrapper, Slider, Modal, Menu, etc.

Not sure if this is even related to Relative Styling, but a feature to add attributes to any line of HTML would offer even more possiblities. We literally could write / extend our own code.

1 Like

Stumbled across this while researching. Just adding a note for anyone else who lands here that is possible using attributes in relative styling.

When you have time, can you elaborate on this, it will be great to show how this works in the meantime and I am sure it will help others.

This topic is about adding HTML attributes to blocks where we don’t have direct access, so we can access them via Relative Styling.

I think there might be some confusion, could’ve make that clearer.
Of course, this would still be fantastic to have, but it was ~2 years since I posted this and now, I’m not sure if it’s really needed anymore.

The “issue” is still there (except for the section block), and I still would love to have each element from any block visible in, and accessible through, the Navigator - or at least an extra area in the Block Inspector of the actual (main) block which addresses this.
But I can also see the downsides of it, and one must not forget that it’s still a builder.

I can’t remember when I really required this ability the last time, so it’s actually fine.