Query inside Query doesn't show up when Frontend Rendering is active

Description:

I have a posts Query with another terms Query inside it. The reason is that I want to display one item of a custom taxonomy. Everything works fine until I select Frontend Rendering. Then the terms Query does not show up anymore.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

1. Create a posts Query
  2. Create a terms Query inside the posts Query to retrieve the terms of a custom taxonomy.
  3. Enable Frontend Rendering.
  4. The terms Query does not show up

Environment info

• WordPress version: latest
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: latest
  • Cwicly Theme version: latest

Hi @Jonas,

Nested queries with frontend rendering enabled are not currently supported.

Instead, I would suggest to use the taxonomy terms block within a query block.

If this is something you would like to see, I would suggest turning this thread into a feature request.
For the time being, I will move this out of bugs and into general.

Hi @Araminta,

I know that the nested query is a complex solution for a simple task but unfortunately I can’t use the taxonomy terms block as it is because of a conflict with the Publish Press Author plugin.
The Issue is that I have to exclude all taxonomies but the one I want to be displayed rather than select the taxonomy that the taxonomy terms block should use.

I already created a feature request for this. Would be great if you can consider this option.

Running into issue now, and looks like it’s a 10 months old issue.

@Araminta is there any workaround of this? As I’m also now looking to have frontend render function, when I put the post query inside a taxonomy term query.