PRE-Sales question

I tried Cwicly in the past and gave up on it initially, but I might give it another try.

I have a few questions before I do, though:

1. Does Cwicly support variables?

For example, currently I am using Oxygen builder, where in the stylesheet editor I define a different set of variables for color, spacing and fluid typography. For example, it may look like this:

root: {

–p-50: hsl(var(–primary-h), calc(var(–primary-s) + 6*((100% - var(–primary-s)) / 6)),97.5%);

}

1. Does Cwicly comes with stylesheet editor like Oxygen builder does, where we can define custom CSS?

2. Is Cwicly compatible with different Wordpress LMS plugins like Learndash or TutorLMS?

3. How Cwicly handles accessibility? I know that building an accessible website is in the hands of a developer for the most part (like setting aria labels, tabindex, etc), but is there something that you guys are doing to make sure that websites built with Cwicly are accessible?

Thank you in advance for the answer to all of my questions.

1 Like

I was working with Elementor, so I suppose it is more or les the same than Oxygen.

In Cwicly, I find more or les the same global stylings options than with Elementor, but, also, the possibility to create global classes to style your elements (and I love that) (answer the points 1 and 2?)

In case anyone would be interested in this, I decided to give Cwicly another try and so far I am loving it.

Here are the answers:

1. Does Cwicly support variables?
Yes, it does.

2. Does Cwicly comes with stylesheet editor like Oxygen builder does, where we can define custom CSS?
Yes, it does.

3. Is Cwicly compatible with different Wordpress LMS plugins like Learndash or TutorLMS?
So far I tested TutorLMS and it didn’t work due to TutorLMS template overrides (you can read more on that here TutorLMS plugin bug/integration - #3 by Dev.tomi). I also tested LifterLMS and it wasn’t working pretty well. It seems that the LMS plugin of your choice have to be ready for Wordpress FSE. SO far I haven’t tested Learndash.

This is something that LMS plugins will need to adjust and I believe it is not up to Cwicly team to make it compatible.

4. How Cwicly handles accessibility?
I didn’t receive an answer on this so it is hard to tell. It is something that is in the hands of a dev creating a site. We now do have an option to set custom tags. We also have an option to set any attributes we want. I am not an accessibility expert so it is hard to tell.

1 Like

Regarding accessibility, as you already mentioned, we do have HTML tags and attributes.
You still don’t have direct access to every html element, e.g. modal block, slider block, etc.

What is also missing are interactions to change (add/remove/toggle) attributes on user action, this is an important thing.