Post Excerpt not working with Cwicly enabled

Hi There,

I’m using Cwicly with a Pinegrow built “Classic” WP theme that utilizes a few Gutenberg Blocks and unfortunately when Cwicly is enabled the “get_the_excerpt” function in one of the blocks isn’t generating an excerpt from the content as it should when there isn’t an excerpt present in the post.

Here’s the code that’s generated from Pinegrow in that Gutenberg Block for reference:

<p class="blog-post-excerpt"><?php echo get_the_excerpt(); ?></p><a href="<?php echo esc_url( get_permalink() ); ?>" class="blog-readmore"><?php _e( 'Continue Reading >>', 'moonlight_prairie_farm' ); ?></a>

Here are a few screenshots of that block, with Cwicly & without Cwicly

The two posts showing excerpts in both screenshots have the excerpt text added to the post, the post only showing the excerpt text in the screenshot without Cwicly did not have the excerpt text added to the post.

I’m currently working on the site in a local environment (WP 6.1/Cwicly 1.2.5.1) but I could put a copy up online for review if necessary as I’m thinking there’s probably not much to debug based on what I’ve posted here. Just let me know and I’ll email over the log-in info. Thank You!

Hello @chipriggs,

Thanks for the helpful details.

We have made a change in 1.2.5.2 which should fix this bug. If you can let me know if it does, I’d be grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to report!

1 Like

Wow @Louis!!! That was FAST, the Cwicly Team is on fire! :fire: :fire: :fire:

That fixed the issue. Thanks so much. :pray:

2 Likes