Navigator: rename option

Almost every time, when I want to select a block in the navigator, I click on the name and it opens the rename option instead of selecting the block.
Isn’t it possible to activate the rename option only on double click on the name?

5 Likes

And hit enter to disable the rename when it’s done until double-click the block again.

2 Likes

Great point, I share your experiences.

Yesterday, I started playing with a slightly different background color for the block descriptions to improve things a bit in that regard.

Would be a pretty decent tweak :+1:

2 Likes

I agree, especially for blocks with longer names.

It often doesn’t even save much of a click, as I usually double click to Select All anyways.

If single click selected the block and double click allowed renaming (with all text selected by default), I think this would be a better experience.

I believe this is also how Figma handles it.

Hi @weedor,

Thanks for bringing this up.
It’s always a difficult choice to make in these circumstances, and to know which behaviour is best suited for renaming items. A double click is sometimes hazardous so I’m already wary about using them.
I can see this has a few votes, so definitely something that users agree with.

I’ll take a look when possible and see what we can do to!

Cheers,

It is not urgent, so perhaps it could be possible to wait for a better idea.
If we remeber how you set the input of the title, it was not immediately perfect but now, everybody agrees.

1 Like

The good news here is that all of Elementor, Bricks, Oxygen, and Figma use the double-click to rename element.

So I think it should be pretty expected behaviour for most users.

2 Likes

This was applied in 1.2.8.7

2 Likes