I have a custom taxonomy that has some ACF fields (Description and featured image). When I create a template for this taxonomy everything works until there is a post assigned to the taxonomy term.
Step-by-step reproduction instructions:
- Create a custom taxonomy
- create an ACF for the taxonomy (e.g. image)
- create a term and select an image for the term (do not assign any post to this term yet)
- create a template for the taxonomy and use the ACF image
- preview the page of the taxonomy term you just created. It should work as expected
- now assign a post to the term you created
- the featured image disappears
Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet
for details see this video:
- WordPress version: latest
- Gutenberg Plugin version: -
- Cwicly Plugin version: latest
- Cwicly Theme version: latest
Thank you for the detailed steps and video, it helps!
I have been able to reproduce this issue on my end and can confirm it is a bug.
Please bear with us while we find a fix for this.
Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.
Looking at this a bit more closely, it doesn’t seem as if you set a location for the ACF Field, which will inevitably fall onto a post ID when necessary.
A Taxonomy Terms block would have been necessary as it allows to be used as a location parameter in the dynamic selector.
In 126.96.36.199.7, we have added a new property Current Taxonomy Archive that allows you to achieve the same result without the Taxonomy Terms block.
If you run into any issue, please let me know.
thanks a lot! Also this works beautifully now. Thanks for the quick fix!