It seems like are recently update may have introduced an issue with feature image loading for an infinite scroll query for mobile view only.
Step-by-step reproduction instructions:
See live example here: The Portal | Gaming News, Esports, Tournaments, and Analytics - The Portal
- in desktop view, when infinite scrolling, feature images will continue to populate
- however, simulating mobile or browsing on phone, the first set of infinitely loaded articles at the bottom will no longer show the feature image
- WordPress version: 6.1.1
- Gutenberg Plugin version: -
- Cwicly Plugin version: 22.214.171.124.1
- Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3
Terribly sorry for our lack of reactivity on this.
It seems you might have a plugin that is modifying the image markup.
Could you possibly try deactivating it and see if it helps?
Thank you in advance.
Hi @Araminta – apologies for the delayed response. I use Imagify, a fairly popular image plugin to convert and serve WEBP. After deactivating the plugin the issue persists – images that are infinite scroll loaded do not display.
Thank you for getting back to me on this!
Sorry to hear that didn’t help.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce your error my side.
I have set up a demo instance and tried to replicate your setup on it.
You can log in with this.
Please see the Infinite Load Query test page.
Feel free to change it to how you have set it up on your installation, to see if the error is reproducible.