Improvements for Gradient Section

From old feedback: https://feedback.cwicly.com/boards/feature-requests/posts/improvments-for-gradient-section

I find the definition of linear gradients already great and helpfully implemented in Cwicly.

But for radial gradients it would still need the definition of an x and y position, so that these can be used a little more sensibly.

If you ever find the time and opportunity, you might consider using some of the features of this gradient tool in a simplfied version: https://learnui.design/tools/gradient-generator.ht… For me the gradients gain enormously in quality with some settings (s. screenshot).

Attached images

The gradient color area needs fundamental improvements indeed.
For basic styling it might be sufficient but when start building some more complex designs, it gets frustrating and limiting pretty quickly.
As mentioned in the initial post, there isn’t even a position indicator - not only inside the radial option.

The best option to build advanced designs could be something like it is handled with the box-shadow property which offers the opportunity to set layers up step by step.
Positions need to be set precisely and in case one position contains 2 rules or there are multiple positions required, the current approach gets fiddly.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the global color option :wink:

Thank you for the suggestions and request.
A complete rework was introduced in 1.2.9.4.

If you have any comment or additions, I’d be grateful if you could let me know by replying to this thread.

Cheers,

(maybe a bug)
I’m using a preset from global gradient color, but every time I try to select the element (what ever it is, section container or div) with the global gradient applied it doesn’ t allowed me in the block inspecto…
error “This block has encountered an error and cannot be previewed.”
But If I don’t use the global gradient preset but just copy the css line
for example “linear-gradient(90deg, var(–cc-color-1) 50%, var(–cc-color-2) 50%)”
everything works fine…
using last version of Cwicvly and Wordpress and PHP version 8.0.30
Hope it helps to understand what’s going on…
as usual The Best Builder Ever…
Thanks

I’m seeing this as well. It’s likely a bug, you could fill out a bug report so its seen by the right people at the right time.

Hi @emanuelechiari and @mariaarangokure,

Sorry to hear you’re both experiencing trouble with this.
It would help if one of you could open a separate report for this, so that we may keep a better track of it.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this error on my end.

To investigate further, I have set up a demo instance.
Please log in with this and see the Gradient test page.

Feel free to modify anything, to see if the error is reproducible.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Araminta,
as you suggest I just Log In HERE (https://app.instawp.io/wordpress-auto-login?site=$2y$10$Ecg70cOCMQDXfvGyXnU6VuXm2xBAINQb7lzkylRTt4xGIDYHW4G2G) and add a gradient color in the global gradient color palette… Use this gradient preset on a background color of a section on index template and after few clicks (select and deselect the section the error came out