When using the dynamic values feature to load the Short Description WooCommerce field, it shows the HTML tags rather than formatting with them.
Step-by-step reproduction instructions:
- Add a Product in WooCommerce
- Add a Short Description containing formatting (e.g. bold, italic, etc)
- Create a Template with a Query that shows this Product
- Add a Paragraph block into the Query template
- Dynamically load the Short Description into it using the Dynamic values
- Notice the tags are shown.
Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet
- WordPress version: 6.3.1
- Cwicly Plugin version: 22.214.171.124.5
Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
I can confirm that HTML tags are visible on the backend, when the dynamic Woo Short Description is placed within a Query block.
Rest assured, this will be fixed as soon as possible.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Thank you @Araminta, much appreciated.
As a follow up, we have observed that the contents of the field are wrapped in a p tag, meaning if you dynamically insert this into a Paragraph block, it creates empty p tags before and after the content. Changing the Paragraph block’s html tag to div works as a temporary workaround for now.
This is an expected behaviour, and the recommend workaround.
OK, thanks for letting us know @Louis.
We have fixed this issue in 126.96.36.199.
Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues once updated.
Confirmed fixed in 188.8.131.52. Thank you Cwicly Team!