How to show "no more posts to display" inside query?

I have a query block with front-end rendering enabled. I also have an input field on the page to filter the results (aka a search bar).

If I search for something that doesn’t exist, the query block obviously doesn’t pull up any results. I’d like to show a “no more posts to display” message.

I’ve added a paragraph with these display conditions inside of the query:

But it doesn’t seem to be working. With Has Items → False, it just shows up all the time. With Has Items → True, the paragraph doesn’t show up ever.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does this condition not work with front-end rendering?

Here’s my structure:

It has been already reported that it is not working with frontend rendering turned on: Conditional Visibility inside Query Loop with Front End Rendering - #4 by krievinshj

1 Like

Ah yeah, looks similar. Thanks for tagging it.

@Louis Is this a known bug, or a current limitation of front-end rendering?

Hello @sunny,

Sorry for not getting back earlier on this one.

You are correct, this is currently not possible with frontend rendering as we don’t currently process other blocks than the Query Template block and the Query Pagination block as main elements when related to the Query block.

But this is definitely something that needs doing.
I was wanting to get this out for our next update, but this will have to wait a bit longer.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Cheers,

1 Like

No problem at all, just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Thanks!

1 Like