How to add a search-form filter with text input in filter block?

How to add a search filter as form field with text input in filter block ? Where is the documentation for this ?

This does not help me: Filter Editor - Documentation (cwicly.com)

What to put in target for example - I got the category filter-youtube-setup working great - but I have no instructions for adding a search field that searches the post title, custom fields and post content - and what else I want …

Hi @JacobDK,

Apologies for the lack of documentation on how to add a search filter.
We have taken note and will make sure to provide more detailed information as soon as possible.

In the meantime, here is a short video that should help you through the process, specifically at this timestamp.

Please let me know if this helps!

4 Likes

@Araminta

It worked.

Thank you very much. Getting very impressed after each update with cwicly. The Font Manager is so useful - very impressed. The new Nav menu looks really useful too. When you are doing it, you are doing it right. I think, I understand cwicly better now. Makes me want to learn stuff in steaad of using it. But … documentation is a place to improve.

Still waiting for a standard template to learn from though :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I would just recommend using _search as the key instead of search, otherwise you’ll get an empty page when refreshing.

Why ? What is the reason behind that ? And how do I select what the input-text-string searches in ? As it is now is everything in the query ? All fields ? All taxonomies and post types ?

I believe WordPress already has “search” and “s” reserved.

And for your other question, it’ll search whatever you have set as your query.

1 Like

What search-index if any is being searched ? Normal wp search is pretty useless. So, when I am typing in a word from the post content and those posts, what search-index is actually being searched ?

For more than 100-1000 posts would I then need Algolia or something like that?

If required for larger numbers of records I would love for cwicly to integrate with algolia or something else. Search and discovery is critical.

This feature use for what?
Post, page or Product ?

This is what I need. Thank You

is it possible to have a broad query, like all categories and search only the title + tags f.e.? If yes, what would be the (query) setting for that?

If I want to alter the search in the query settings, there are no tags or post titles available…