Header Margin Issue in Frontend

In the header, I added a heading with a margin-bottom of 30px.

Backend: Everything is fine.
Frontend: The margin-bottom is not being applied.
I tried setting all other margins to 0, but the bug persists.

Environment info

  • WordPress version: 6.3.2
  • Cwicly Plugin version:

Hi @weedor,

If you open the margin-bottom property in the browser style property inspector, you will be able to see which stylesheet is setting it to 0. That will help isolate the cause of this.

Thank you, @StrangeTech, for taking care of this topic.
Here is the margin setting.

I can provide you with admin access via private message if you want to check more thoroughly.

As this is coming from base.css, it appears your margin style is not appearing on the front-end, implying that either:

  1. the stylesheets are being loaded in the wrong order
  2. the styles are not being saved properly
  3. the front-end is being cached somehow

As I do not work for Cwicly, better for me to just continue to help on the forum.

I am sure that it is not a cache issue.
For the first two points, I believe it is a Cwicly issue, and there is nothing I can do on my own.
Can you please confirm?

I had a quick look on the front end. The blocks css for the page does not contain the class for the heading. There is only one class included which doesn’t match any element on the page.

So I recommend:

  1. manually regenerating the block styles and block html from Cwicly settings and see if that helps.
  2. if not, try renaming the class for the block and resaving the page
  3. if that doesn’t work, as a temporary workaround you can use a global class instead
1 Like

HTML and CSS regenerated: done
Class renamed and saved: done
The issue still persists.
Instead of adding a new class, I inserted a 30px spacer, but it would be great if the Cwicly team could take a look at this issue.

Hi @weedor,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and thank you @StrangeTech for helping out!

I can confirm this is a bug related to Cwicly styles not reflecting on the frontend, when applied to some default WooCommerce templates.
We’ll be sure to investigate this further.

This seems related to this bug.

For the time being, I would advise to use Custom templates instead to ensure the correct application of styles on the frontend.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Thank you, @Araminta and @StrangeTech for your help.


Once again, thank you for reporting this, @weedor!

This should now be fixed with 1.3.3:

Kindly let me know if this is the case on your end.

Thank you in advance.