Global styles on the backend

Description:

I know this was just changed according to the change log, but I now have an issue and was wondering what your recommendation was for doing this.

In my global stylesheet, I had the :root selector set with font-size: 62.5% so all rem values would be in multiples of 10. This all still works on the frontend, but the backend is now blown up really large. Is there a preferred place, or way, to put this declaration so the content on both the front and backend will look the same. Or maybe a toggle to show/hide styles on the back end?

I know people were complaining about styles affecting the backend, but I think there are certain situations, like this one, where we’d want the styles to apply to both.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

Please write the steps needed to reproduce the bug.

1. Create a global stylesheet and add the following:

:root {
font-size: 62.5%;
}

1. In the global styles typography setting, set the Body font size to something like 1.8rem (which should be similar to 18px).

2. The frontend should look fine, but the backend will be blown up in size to 1.8rem (which defaults to about 28.8px)

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.0.1
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.1.7.8
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3
1 Like

Hello @msguerra74,

Thanks for bringing this up, with the detailed explanation of how this is affecting you.
Indeed, this is something we hadn’t taken into account when removing styles from the editor itself…

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, we’ll look at the best solution to fix this urgently.

I don’t know if there are other use cases that can affect this, but for this particular issue, maybe there can be a “font scaling” setting in the settings area that, by default, would be set to 100%. I’m not sure if there are any situations where this approach could cause problems, but I trust you’ll come up with a brilliant solution no matter what!

Hi @msguerra74,

Thanks again for your patience.

We just released 1.1.7.9 which should fix the issues encountered with the latest changes we made to how stylesheets affect the editor itself.

I’d be grateful to know if this works out for you.

Cheers,

Hi @Louis,

Yes, things seems to look normal again on the backend. I also like that I can remove the template parts wrapper, so I can define my own header, main, footer, and nav sections without the extra markup.

Thanks for all your hard work!

2 Likes

Hi @msguerra74,

Appreciate the kind words!
Thanks for letting me know so quickly :wink: