Global colours vanished and causing errors

The global colours I’ve set up in “Cwicly Global Styles → Colors” have suddenly vanished after the latest update. When I try to add a new one again, the themer throws up an error message which reads “The “cwicly-global-settings” plugin has encountered an error and cannot be rendered.”

At the top of each page of the website is the following error message: “Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$activeStyle in …/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/core/includes/setup.php on line 95”

• WordPress version: 6.1.1
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.2.9.5.3.1
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hello @Monkeyboy,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Global Colours disappearing (hopefully not).
Could you possibly contact support@cwicly.com with temporary access as this specific issue would suggest that you are missing one parameter.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Louis ,

I’m afraid I can’t provide temporary access as this is a locally hosted site I’m working on. Is there any other way of resolving the issue?

Thank you

Hi @Monkeyboy,

Ok.

You’ll want to go into your database for this one.
Once there, navigate to wp_options and search for the cwicly_global_styles option name.

Can you edit it and confirm that you see the following at the beginning of the option: {"activeStyle":"style1","styles":, etc…

If not, you’ll want to add "activeStyle":"style1", before "styles":

If you need more specific instructions, let me know.

1 Like

I’ve found the cwicly_global_styles option in the DB, and the part of the option you mention was indeed missing. Just to confirm, is this what should be in the field…

{"activeStyle":"style1","styles":{}}

Hello @Monkeyboy,

Yes that would be it (you can always copy/paste the current JSON as a backup in case).

I’ve updated the DB as per the screenshot below…

Unfortunately, this hasn’t fixed things completely. If I click on the Cwicly Global Style button as below…

I then get the following error message…

I haven’t done anything beyond this point, in case I break things further! Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi there @Monkeyboy,

Sorry, I seem to have misunderstood your previous message.

You don’t want to remove the styles value, simply add the "activeStyle":"style1", part to the option. Do you have the previous values saved somewhere?

Hi, there were actually no styles after “styles”. The only thing in the option_value field was the following…

{"styles":{}}

And nothing else. I’ve done a fresh install of wordpress in another folder to check the DB for the same “cwicly_global_styles” option and can see that it has all the global CSS styles in there. So I assume the fact they’re missing from the DB in the first install, is why it’s not working?

I’ve decided to work on the fresh install. As I’m only building the website locally, it’s not critical to get the first install working properly, which I can delete. I’m conscious that I don’t want to waste your time too much when you’ve got more pressing problems to attend to. But thanks for the help you have provided. It’s much appreciated.