Flex format when adding elements

Is there a way to have elements added to the page in flex column instead of rows?

I think the default value in CSS is row, which is why it’s that way. I agree though, most of the time I’m changing it to column, so it would be nice to be able to set a custom default. For sections , I almost always want the inner container set to column, so I made a global class for this using relative styles that I apply to all sections.

Hi @jtk,

If this is content from a post/page and isn’t contained in a section/div, then I would recommend looking at the Index template in the Site Editor.

You will see a Post Content block that is placed within a Section block. It is that Section block that you should modify to flex column.

This was:

I am used to the default being a column in other builders, from Oxygen to Pinegrow. I can change the direction easily. Just an extra step that I’ll need to repeat often.

I will explore the template, though. I need to explore the Post Content Block.

Ok thanks for the clarification.

We are trying to follow specifications: flex-direction - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN
row is the default direction

We will be allowing users to modify the defaults for most blocks, so that should help with this step.