Fatal error maker.php

Description:
After updating to Cwicly plugin version 1.1.6.1 a fatal error occurs in cwicly/core/includes/dynamic/maker.php on line 45. This has already occurred on 2 different domains so I suspect there is a bug in most recent plugin version. It happens on every page and both frontend and backend. It seems that the ‘browser_detect.php’ file is missing. Could you take a look at this soon?

Full error:
Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘/home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/core/includes/dynamic/browser_detect.php’ (include_path=‘.:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php80/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/core/includes/dynamic/maker.php:45 Stack trace: #0 /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/cwicly.php(105): require_once() #1 /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-settings.php(428): include_once(‘/home/deb56708n…’) #2 /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-config.php(87): require_once(‘/home/deb56708n…’) #3 /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/home/deb56708n…’) #4 /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(‘/home/deb56708n…’) #5 /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/index.php(17): require(‘/home/deb56708n…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/deb56708n26/domains/cfdemo2.nl/public_html/interfair/wp-content/plugins/cwicly/core/includes/dynamic/maker.php on line 45

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

Navigate to https://interfair.cfdemo2.nl/

Environment info

• WordPress version: 6.0
  • Cwicly Plugin version: 1.1.6.1
  • Cwicly Theme version: 1.0.3

Hi there @GM-Mike,

Apologies for the trouble. It seems like the file is indeed missing.

Could you possibly confirm that the file is not present via FTP?

Thanks.

Hi Louis,

I can confirm that the file is missing. I’m happy to help in case you need FTP or WP credentials.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for that.

This is unusual since it is part of the latest update.
Could you possibly tell me if you or your host have possibly removed it at some time?

Since this bug occurs on (at least) two different domains, I think that probability is very low. Perhaps there is a problem with permissions within our hosting that prevents the file from being added?

Can I somehow re-add the missing file? That would help for now.

Hi @GM-Mike,

You should be able to find it in the Cwicly plugin .zip at: cwicly/core/includes/dynamic/browser_detect.php

May I ask if this is the same host for both domains?

That fixed the bug. Both domains are indeed hosted by the same provider.

Hi @GM-Mike,

Thanks for letting me know.
Thanks for the host details. We will contact them to see if there is a possibility they removed it themselves.