Empty categories don't disappear

Description:

This is a minor issue because with normal use of WordPress you won’t encounter it but maybe you want to take a look and decide how you want to deal with it. It is a bit difficult to explain with text so please see the video below.

Step-by-step reproduction instructions:

As seen in the video

Screenshots, screen recording, code snippet

Environment info

• WordPress version: latest
  • Gutenberg Plugin version: -
  • Cwicly Plugin version: latest
  • Cwicly Theme version: latest

Hello @Jonas,

Thanks for the report. Really appreciate the details and video.

I can reproduce this on my side.

It seems to be linked to the cache we set up when counting items not being properly refreshed when making the modifications.

Will take a look in the coming days and issue a fix.

Apologies for the trouble!

Hi @Louis,

no need to hurry. I just noticed this because of some experiments. In normal day use I would have never noticed since removing categories from posts is rather uncommon :stuck_out_tongue:

One update regarding this issue.

I have two CPT:
1: Movies
2: Books

The categories are shared with both post types. So lets say I have a category term “Fantasy” and there are Movies as well as Books with this term.
I have an archive with all books that the user can sort for category. Empty category terms are set to “hide”. This works as long as there is no other post type with the term.
So when there is no Book with the term “Fantasy” but there is a Movie with this term the term won’t hide on the Books list page. The count item element works though, meaning on the books list page the term “Fantasy” is disabled but not hidden.