Dynamic Author Photo

Hi all,

I am trying to display the author pic in the query (product / post), and also for themer using cwicly themer, however, seems it can not correctly displayed and return the original image in both situation.

(This page is build with the Page Section in WP)

(This page is build with Themer in cwicly themer)

and this is my setting in Div in both situation, working same as Cwicly Video in youtube about comment section.

Not sure if only me faced this problem, please advice if you have any suggestion.

Thanks.!

Hello @business.circledeer,

Sorry about the trouble you’re encountering.
Might I ask how you are setting Author images in WordPress?
That Mystery Person image is not generated/inserted by Cwicly, and normally means that Cwicly is correctly querying the WordPress author image.

Hi @Louis, Thanks for your reply!

I am using a plugin call “Simple Local Avatars” for me to upload avatar by-pass the default way. Please let me know if you have any suggestion for me to replace it for sure!.

Moreover, i have tested a bit more to confirm the error, and seems the error will exist in these two situations:

• Query with “Product”, to confirm this, i have tested by changing the query to “Post” in the exact same page and it works correctly! (Case 1 in my post)
  • Pages created with themer, i tested that if the same block placing in a normal Page Tab in WP, it works correctly also! (Case 2 in my post)

Thanks and look forward to your reply!

Hi @business.circledeer,

Thanks for the detailed explanation and the plugin you’re using.
Going into the detail of that specific plugin, I noticed it was only modifying part of the avatar hook provided by WordPress.
All in all, we’ve made a modification in Cwicly to get the avatar URL through a more “general” function in 1.2.2.4.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Hi @Louis ,

Thanks for your update.

Seems the problem is still exists. After updating to 1.2.2.4.

Can you please check again if possible?

If you need, i am willing to provide a staging enviornment for testing. Please feel free to tell me if you need it.

Thanks.

Hi @business.circledeer,

Have you checked on the frontend?

Hi @Louis ,

Yes, i checked in frontend also.

Instead of showing the old Mystery Person image before, it changes to this but not working as well. (Case 1)
Frontend:

Backend:

Setting:

and for the page build with themer, there is no change on the frondend also. (Case 2)
Frontend:

Backend:
Setting:

Attached both the frondend and the backend setting for your reference. Hope these help you to figure out the possible problem.

Thanks.

Hi!

May i follow up on this? I think it still havent solved yet :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Hi Any update for this?

Thanks.

Hi @business.circledeer,

Terribly sorry for our lack of reactivity on this.

So that we can properly help you out on this, could you send this on to support@cwicly.com?

Thank you in advanced.

Hi @business.circledeer,

I can confirm that there is indeed a bug with the Author Picture in a Frontend Rendering query.
Moving this back into confirmed.

Once again sorry for the inconvenience. Please bear with us while we find a fix for this as soon as possible.

Hi @Araminta ,

Happy to hear from you. Please keep me update once the bug is fixed.

Thanks!

Hello @business.circledeer,

This should be fixed in 1.2.4. Please let me know if you still experience this bug by replying to this thread.

Cheers,

Hi @Louis and @Araminta ,

Thanks, the query is fixed correctly already in 1.2.4, but for the pages generated / built with “Cwicly Themer”, still unable to solve correctly. Could you please help to check on it?

Thanks.